Walkington Playing Fields Association
Enabling learning, play and sport in Walkington
This is an exciting time for Walkington Playing Fields.
Over the last few years:
- the Playground had a major makeover and was opened by Harry Holdorf and the Beverley Town Cryer
- the Pavilion has been refurbished, and was officially re-opened by Stephen Parnaby and Ernie Teal
- a Multi-Use Games Area has been opened
- Apron Strings started and installed their own facilities
- we have new changing rooms with showers, cricket net facilities, and a re-laid cricket square, thanks to a grant from the Lottery and Sport England
- erected a garage which will meant we finally said goodbye to the ugly containers.
- relaid the path and tried our best to solve the drainage issues
- and, of course, introduced a new and already much-loved village event, The Fireworks
The playing fields and pavilion are a resource for the whole village. Please explore these pages to find out what is happening at the Playing Fields, and book the facilities for your own club or event.
Walkington Fireworks Sunday 4h October 2018 Walkington Playing Field 5:00pm - 6:30pm £3 ticket £6 family ticket in advance £8 family ticket on the gate Sparklers, rides, hotdogs, mulled wine! Support your playing field!
Walkington Fireworks Sunday 29th October 2017 Walkington Playing Field 5:00pm - 6:30pm £3 ticket £6 family ticket in advance £8 family ticket on the gate Support your playing...
Walkington Playing Fields Association would like to invite you to join Playing Fields Friends. For more information, and to join, please go here