Walkington Playing Fields Association
Enabling learning, play and sport in Walkington
This is an exciting time for Walkington Playing Fields.
Over the last few years:
- the Playground had a major makeover and was opened by Harry Holdorf and the Beverley Town Cryer
- the Pavilion has been refurbished, and was officially re-opened by Stephen Parnaby and Ernie Teal
- a Multi-Use Games Area has been opened
- Apron Strings started and installed their own facilities
- we have new changing rooms with showers, cricket net facilities, and a re-laid cricket square, thanks to a grant from the Lottery and Sport England
- erected a garage which will meant we finally said goodbye to the ugly containers.
- relaid the path and tried our best to solve the drainage issues
- and, of course, introduced a new and already much-loved village event, The Fireworks
The playing fields and pavilion are a resource for the whole village. Please explore these pages to find out what is happening at the Playing Fields, and book the facilities for your own club or event.
Hello to you all! After a year off due to COVID, we're looking forward to welcoming you all back to Walkington for our friendly Car Boot Sales later this year. The Lockdown Roadmap says that normal outdoor events can open up from mid-May. So we're giving it an extra...
The Fireworks this year will be held on Sunday 3rd November Tickets are available from Matt Benson 07976 735778Lawrence Webster 07960 476065Mark Day 07901 711163Phil Clayton 01482 862527Sue Healey in the school playground!Apron Strings at the Playing Field If you were...
Thanks to everyone for coming to the fireworks. We think it was the best attendance yet and best show yet too. This event is only possible with the help of the committee and volunteers so a huge thanks to them and to everyone who came and supported the event too! We...