Phase 1: League round-robin
11:00 Gilberdyke v Cherry Burton
11:40 South Cave v Walkington
12:20 Cherry Burton v South Cave
13:00 Gilberdyke v Walkington
13:40 Gilberdyke v South Cave
14:20 Cherry Burton v Walkington
Phase 2: 3rd/4th place play-off & Final between the top two teams
15:00 3rd place v 4th place play-off
15:40 Walkington Juniors Exhibition match
The Laws of Cricket apply, except:
- Games are played between two teams of six players, and each game consisting of a maximum of five six-ball overs bowled by each side.
- The losing captain at the coin toss shall decide which “end” their innings shall be bowled from, irrespective of the outcome of the coin toss itself. All 10 overs in the match to be bowled from that end.
- Each member of the fielding side bowls one over, except the wicketkeeper.
- Wides and no-balls count as two runs and are not re-bowled. (Except for the final ball of the innings)
- If five wickets fall before 5 overs are completed, the last remaining batsman bats on (with the 5th batsman acting as
- runner). He always takes strike. The innings is complete when the sixth wicket falls.
- Batsmen retire not out on reaching 31 runs. The idea being to reach 36 runs by hitting 6 sixes.
- Tied matches to be decided by a bowl-off: All 6 players to bowl at the stumps alternately from each team. If the number of times the wicket has been his is tied after these 6 deliveries there will be “sudden death” in the same order of bowling.
- League points: 2 points for a win, 1 point for losing a bowl-off
- League standings:
- in the event of two teams on the same number of points, the winner of the game between the two sides will be higher in the league.
- if three teams end up on 4 points, the league standings will be decided by net run rate.