Walkington Playing Fields Association
Enabling learning, play and sport in Walkington
This is an exciting time for Walkington Playing Fields.
Over the last few years:
- the Playground had a major makeover and was opened by Harry Holdorf and the Beverley Town Cryer
- the Pavilion has been refurbished, and was officially re-opened by Stephen Parnaby and Ernie Teal
- a Multi-Use Games Area has been opened
- Apron Strings started and installed their own facilities
- we have new changing rooms with showers, cricket net facilities, and a re-laid cricket square, thanks to a grant from the Lottery and Sport England
- erected a garage which will meant we finally said goodbye to the ugly containers.
- relaid the path and tried our best to solve the drainage issues
- and, of course, introduced a new and already much-loved village event, The Fireworks
The playing fields and pavilion are a resource for the whole village. Please explore these pages to find out what is happening at the Playing Fields, and book the facilities for your own club or event.
We've just published the details of our main events of the year - Car Boot Sales, Sports Day and Fireworks night. For more details please visit our Events page
The Fireworks Walkington Playing Fields Sunday 2nd November 2014 Professional display Barbecue & Bar Viewing from inside the pavilion for little ones Tickets £2 per person or £6 per family and FREE entry to Friends of WPFA. To be a Friend of Walkington Playing...
We've had some bumper Car Boot Sales already this summer - and September's should be just as good. So if you're thinking of de-cluttering, or fancy picking up a bargain or two, come along to the Playing Field on 7th September.