Walkington Playing Fields Association
Enabling learning, play and sport in Walkington
This is an exciting time for Walkington Playing Fields.
Over the last few years:
- the Playground had a major makeover and was opened by Harry Holdorf and the Beverley Town Cryer
- the Pavilion has been refurbished, and was officially re-opened by Stephen Parnaby and Ernie Teal
- a Multi-Use Games Area has been opened
- Apron Strings started and installed their own facilities
- we have new changing rooms with showers, cricket net facilities, and a re-laid cricket square, thanks to a grant from the Lottery and Sport England
- erected a garage which will meant we finally said goodbye to the ugly containers.
- relaid the path and tried our best to solve the drainage issues
- and, of course, introduced a new and already much-loved village event, The Fireworks
The playing fields and pavilion are a resource for the whole village. Please explore these pages to find out what is happening at the Playing Fields, and book the facilities for your own club or event.
Walkington Playing Fields Association would like to invite you to join Playing Fields Friends. For more information, and to join, please go here
Sports day at the Playing Fields has always been a fantastic and enjoyable day for everyone. Unfortunately, in the last few years we have been affected by poor weather. With this in my mind, this year we are proposing two changes: firstly that we move the date to...
Walkington Fireworks Sunday 6th November 2016 Walkington Playing Field 5:00pm - 6:30pm £2 ticket £6 family ticket £25 for a family ticket and a year's entry to our 200 club Support your playing field!